Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 14, 2013

I pay good money to feed the deer....

It's probably no secret that I think Pinterest is about the single most amazing internet invention ever!  It's like having every great amazing magazine right at your fingertips.  You can save all the cool art projects, decorating ideas, recipes, and clothing combinations for future reference right at your fingertips.  I am in love.  And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I may even love Pinterest more than coffee or food.

Anyway, I've been madly pinning all the great fall ideas.  I've spent time creating the perfect fall porch "scape"  and putting pumpkins and fall looking stuff around my house.  Now, because I traveled a lot this summer, the deer had decimated my front garden and it was looking rather sad.  So, putting some hay bales and pumpkins out there helped to make it look more like "Hey, it's fall  and things are supposed to look a little dead"  instead of "The deer have come through the midnight buffet every night for 4 months and have munched everything down to the ground and then they laid on it."  I also decided to put out some cute little scarecrows to maybe scare the deer off.  It was looking so good and I was excited to share photos on my blog.

I haven't been able to take photos because it rained a couple of days and then I was too busy and forgot another day.  This morning I go out to take photos and this is what I found:

Starts off pretty good.  Front porch still looks nice.  

Garage door area is better.  The mums look good and I'm ready to go out and start todays project of painting our garage doors.

Front garden.  The bright oranges look nice in there.  Gives it a little color.

Wait, why is my scarecrow listing off to the side?

And I seem to be missing a few pumpkins......

And here are more photos of the crime scene




Hmmmmmm..... Ok scarecrow, you're fired!  Score: Deer 120 points, Yolanda 2.  Nice. At least the decorations on the front porch are fake.  Try and digest that Bambi!
So, I hope the deer enjoyed their expensive meal. Sigh...

Speaking of food,  here's some photos of what I fed the humans in our family this week.

Pasta with a greek yogurt smoked salmon sauce.

Macadamia Nut crusted Opah with roasted cauliflower & tomatoes.

Balsamic glazed Sea Bass with Onions & Tomatoes,  and green beans

Pears baked in puff pastry and blue cheese walnut stuffing drizzled with honey.  Although this looks good, no one really liked the stuffing.  So it should probably be listed as a food fail.

Mini French Vanilla Apple cakes.






No comments:

Post a Comment