Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Blessed Walk in the Woods...Be Encouraged

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them.  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  A righteous man may have many troubles but the Lord delivers him from them all;  he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."  Psalm 34:17-20

I've been listening to the stories of those around me.  The heartbreaking, gut-wrenching stories of life that those I come into contact with share with great courage and great pain.  And I'll be the first to admit that I do not have all the answers for the hard questions you have.  Questions about why, and how, and when, and how long.  But I do know the one who does.

Do you need encouragement today?  Well, I'm going to ask you to join me for a different kind of blog. I'm going to ask you to join me as I take a walk through the woods around my house and read a few scriptures of encouragement and blessing.  Have hope!  God is for you!

"The Lord bless and keep you; The Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;  the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:24-25


"For the Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."  Psalm 84:11


"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes;  its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."  Jeremiah 17:7-8


"The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;  but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles;  they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40: 28-31


"Are you tired?  Worn out?  Burned out on religion?  Come to me.  Get away with me and you'll recover your life.  I'll show you how to take a real rest.  Walk with me and work with me --watch how I do it.  Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.  I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.  Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."  Matthew 11:28-30  the Message


"May the Lord answer you when you are in distress;  may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.  May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion.  May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings.  May he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed.  Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed;  he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand."  Psalm 20:1-4, 6


"Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!  Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain."  1 Chronicles 4:10


"I sought the Lord, and he answered me;  he delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to him are radiant;  their faces are never covered with shame.  This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;  he saved him out of all his troubles.  The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.  Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.  Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."  Psalm 34:4-8, 10


"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."  Malachi 3:10



"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you;  he will never leave you nor forsake you.  The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you;  he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid;  do not be discouraged."  Deuteronomy 31: 6 & 8


"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."  
Philippians 4:19

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,  though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.  There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.  God is within her, she will not fall;  God will help her at break of day.  Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. The Lord Almighty is with us;  the God of Jacob is our fortress."  Psalm 46: 1-7


"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus."  Romans 8:38-39


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you."  Jeremiah 29:11-14

"The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,  they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;  planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God.  They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, 'The Lord is upright;  he is my rock, and there is no wickedness in him."  Psalm 92:13-15


"You give abundant showers, O God;  you refreshed your weary inheritance. " Psalm 68:9

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens."  Psalm 68:19  


"The Lord redeems his servants;  no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him."  Psalm 34:22

I hope this "virtual" walk has left you feeling encouraged.  I'll leave you with one more word of encouragement today.

"Praise the Lord, O my soul;  all my inmost being praise his holy name.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits---who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,  who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.  He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel:  The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.  He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever;  he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;  as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.  As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;  for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. "  Psalm 103:1-14

No comments:

Post a Comment