Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

It's a Good day to have a Good Day...

My husband and I were watching a show the other day (a design show on HGTV) and in one of the rooms, the designer posted this saying-- Today is a Good Day to have a Good Day.  Of course, being the people we are, we looked at each other and immediately decided to add this saying into our ever growing list of Benintendi house phrases that we use.

Now, let me be honest here.  Lately, we've had a few rough days.  Not tragic, but definitely a little ragged around the edges.  Rough parenting days where we've had to do a little tough love with our son.  Rough days of trying to help some friends through some extremely tough life circumstances by  praying with, listening to, and helping where we can with some really, really  heartbreaking situations.  Demanding work issues.  Normal life kinds of days, but still a little tough.

And I'll be honest with you, I looked at Jeff the other day and told him I was feeling more than a little tired, and I wasn't sure that I had any brain capacity left to make a good decision.  You know, the kind of tired that you could sleep for a week.  And, if I'm really going to be honest with you, maybe even a little discouraged.  Feeling like what we were doing just wasn't enough.

And, in the midst of all that-- I remembered these verses:

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people,  especially to those who belong to the family of believers."  Galatians 6:9-10

"For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken."
Psalm 21:7

Whether you  are having some rough around the edges days, or some down right full on days of battle -- I encourage you to take a minute and let these verses soak in.  Re-read them.  There is strength and hope to be found in these verses.  More strength and hope than I could ever give you in a years worth of blogging.  Look at the promises--in Galatians-- it says we will reap.  Not that we might reap.  Not a maybe.  And in Psalms it states that we  will not be shaken.  Trust God.  Trust in His love for you.  He's got your back.

Which brings me back to the phrase, Today is a good day to have a good day.  I'm going to take today, trust in these promises, and have a good day.  I'm going to keep on doing good, trusting in the fact that today's acts, decisions etc… will result in harvest.   I'm going to trust that because God loves me, He will keep me steady-- that I will not be shaken.  And I hope you do the same.

So be encouraged today-- Today is a good day to have a good day!

I'll leave you with a photo of the walls around Dubrovnik, Croatia.  These walls have withstood storms, war, invasion, and multiple earthquakes.  Despite everything that has been thrown at them, they are still standing, doing what they were designed to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment