Total Pageviews

Friday, November 21, 2014

Words Have Power....

You all probably remember the saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me."  And I think that we all know that's not true.  Words have power.  They have the power to uplift.  They have the power to discourage.  They have the power to motivate.  They have the power to inspire change. They have the power to tear down and destroy one's spirit.

My son has recently experienced this with a teacher who repeatedly tells his class that they are dumb.  Often.  And as I listen to several of the students who are in the class describe how they feel when this happens, my heart breaks for them.  And I am reminded to watch what and how I say things.  To remember that my words have power... and that I never, ever, want to make someone feel torn down by my words.

I've done similar blogs like this before, but I am feeling like people need to desperately hear these words again.  So, with this thought in mind, I want to share with you some powerful words that I hope make you feel loved, uplifted, encouraged, and inspired!

"God doesn't love some future version of you, God loves you as you are right now."

"You are loved beyond measure.  Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely.  Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly.  Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely.  He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken."

"I have too many flaws to be perfect, but I have too many blessings to be ungrateful."

"We are all in need of mercy."  Dieter Uchtdorf

"A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset.  When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and healthy.  The moment we start acting like life is a blessing, I assure you it will start to feel like one."

"Unexpected intrusions of beauty.  This is what life is."

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."  Anne Frank

"Just be yourself.  Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful & magical person you are."

"I am an imperfect person loved by a perfect God."

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."  Psalm 4:8

"But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head."  Psalm 3:3

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming."  Helen Keller

"Broken crayons still color."

"Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo."

"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder."  E.B. White

"If you can't feed a hundred people, then just feed one."  Mother Theresa

"You are not defined by your mistakes.  You are defined by God.  He loves you no matter what."

"I'm absolutely convinced that nothing-- nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable-- absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us."  Romans 8:38 the Message

"I don't know your story but I can tell you God is faithful."

"But I trust in your unfailing love;  my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me."  Psalm 13:5-6

"There is more mercy in Christ than sin in us."

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight."  Psalm 19:14

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;  the lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:24-26

Be encouraged this Thanksgiving.  If you find yourself feeling downcast, return to these words.  Let these words speak powerfully in your life.  And be grateful for powerful encouraging words.




No comments:

Post a Comment